Sunday, September 30, 2012

PREPARE FOR A VERY BLUE WEEKEND

This week starts the 2012-13 Season of Art in The Village of the Arts. The galleries, studios, restaurants & shops will be open and embracing the theme of A RIVER OF ART IN BLUE, in conjunction with the 3 month opening celebration of the new downtown RIVERFRONT. For my part, I'm constructing a faux river populated by lots of bluish (or could be Jewish) fish, boats & wildlife cookies




I'll have a bunch of classic BONNI BAKES goodies including Chocolate Orgasms, Breadstix & cookies bursting with Belgium Chocolate. I've been busy turning my incredible organic Keitt Mango into a variety of delicious & unique homemade jams. You can pick up the secret ingredients needed to duplicate my famous Curried Chicken Salad (Mango Chutney & Strawberry Mango Cardamom Jam) along with the free recipe.




If I can manage it, I plan to make some Blueberry Cheese Knishes too...but don't hold me to that. Either way, there'll aways be YUMMY STUFF so please stop by on Friday night from 6-9:30pm or Saturday from 11-4. I'll be set up under my BLUE TENT (of course) with twinklie blue lights in the driveway of 932 12th Street West.

It's quite a hectic week, starting with the opening Thursday night of the "THINK PINK" show at ArtCenter Manatee, from 5-7pm. When I heard they were mounting a show to support BREAST CANCER AWARENESS and all entries had to be PINK, I smiled. This month marks 15 years since I was first diagnosed with BREAST CANCER. I'm very lucky that my lump was discovered during a routine mammogram. Make sure you include one in your annual tests. I had no symptoms and that test saved my life!! But what could be more PINK than my transgender Flamingo Chair FLORINDA.



Here she is last year with Otis Whaley installed in her lap. You wouldn't recognize him today. He's now four years old and the big brother of little Imogene. You can see Florinda, or give her a forever home for $150, at "THINK PINK" during the month of October.

This season I'll be a participating vendor each week at Geraldson's Sunday Farmer's Market from 11-3, opening Oct 14th. The farm is in NW Bradenton on the right hand side across the road from Robinson Preserve. They offer a large variety of farm grown organic produce. You can also buy a share for the entire season of Nov-May. More information can be found at www.fwcrcd.org. On Sundays you'll find some nifty vendors, unique products & a smattering of live animals. That's me with 22 lb Mr. Darcy below.




Because of all of the craziness this week, I'm not taking any special orders. Instead, stop by the Village ArtWalk Fri or Sat, or wait until next week when things will get back to normal (whatever that is) and I'll also be at the Sunday Market. You can always get in touch with me via the methods below.

Hugs from my TreeHouse kitchen,

Bonni

(941) 746-6647
932 12th St West
Bradenton, FL  34205

bonnibakes@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment