Monday, February 25, 2013

Hectic weekend on many fronts

I'm sort of running on fumes. I realized this today when I got out of bed at 5am. I awoke at 4:30am but tried in vain to convince myself that it was way too early. Didn't work, so I thought I'd bite the bullet, get up & do something productive. My faithful dog Twinkie decided I was crazy so she just rolled over and went back to sleep.

TWINK KNOWS HOW IMPORTANT HER BEAUTY SLEEP IS
A few hours later I was suddenly hit by a wave of exhaustion so immediate that I had to lie down for 20 minutes. The 10 1/2 hour time difference between here & India has been the hardest jet lag I've ever had to get over. Even China wasn't this bad, maybe because it's in the other direction. In addition, I'm in the midst of negotiations regarding the sale of my house in Whitfield Estates, where my late husband Rea & I lived. I'll be downsizing so there are a lot of things I'll be selling off. In case you or someone you know might be interested, I'll post them here.

This coming Fri 6-9:30PM & Sat 11-4 is the Village of the Arts' March ArtWalk and the theme is "A Taste of the Village". It's a wonderful chance to come & sample the art, food & music all of our galleries have to offer. I'll be baking cookies, muffins & some special breads, available Sat 11-4. I'm not quite up to doing too much more at this time, so no special ordering this week.

ONE HEAD OF CELERY & LADY APPLES
Sunday's Palma Sola Farmers Market 11-3 celebrates the beginning of the month with a variety of live musicians during the day. Their gorgeous celery is in season. If you haven't seen a head, it's ENORMOUS!!!  I'm going to make a fabulous CELERY APPLE BISQUE with some of the farm's produce. Stop by on Sunday to sample some, get the recipe and pick up the fresh ingredients to make it at home.  Email me at bonnibakes@gmail.com if you directions.

I guess I need a little more R&R before I get back to my usual mega energized self. Thanks for understanding that there won't be any pre-ordering available this week. See you this weekend.

Hugs from my kitchen,
Bonni

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Bonni! Sounds like you had a wonderful adventure after catch up with your previous posts.

    ReplyDelete