Monday, March 4, 2013

I'd rather be baking than packing...

This cold weather energizes me, which is a good thing because I'll probably have to spend the rest of the month organizing, cleaning, donating, packing & selling excess "stuff" stored at my house in Whitfield Estates. If all goes well with the house sale, we'll close on March 28th. 

I want to indulge my passion for playing with flour in the kitchen a bit longer this week. The next few weeks will all be about cardboard boxes, sealing tape, garbage bags & lots of decisions. At some point I'll probably have a Garage Sale, which I'm not looking forward to. I'll let you know what furniture, etc is up for sale when I'm ready to list them on Craig's List. My vast collection of kitchen & baking stuff, plus the antique collectibles from my Dad's pharmacy, will be dealt with a little later.

CHEDDAR BOULE FOR 2
I managed to create some new items for the Palma Sola Farmers Market last Sunday, and they all sold out. Unless you were there you never got a chance to try them, so I'm going to make them all available again this week. The Cheddar Boule for 2  [$2.50]  is a small French (crusty outside, soft inside) bread filled/baked with cheese & herbs. That's the Cheddar cheese erupting above. I'm also going to make a Kalamata Olive Rosemary Boule for 2 [$2.50] because it sounds yummy in my imagination. The Apple Crumble Cheesecake Bar  [$3] was mind-blowing and I wouldn't mind enjoying it again (to balance my week of vegan-ish food in India). Didn't take pictures of it because my fingers (that I licked the crumbs off of) were too messy to use the camera. 

PUMPKIN DATE NUT MUFFINS
This week I read the final results of the Mediterranean Diet Study from Spain, a place where I've joyfully spent a reasonable amount of time. More veggies, fruits, olive oil, dark chocolate, nuts, fish, legumes. Okay, I'm on board. Let's start with a Pumpkin Date Nut Muffin  [$2]  which covers a bunch of the bases in a most delicious way. And look for my Veggie Hand Pie [$4.50] a meal in a flaky crust embracing fresh grilled eggplant, tomato, onion, mushrooms, sweet peppers & Provolone cheese. You can freeze them, then just reheat in the microwave or toaster oven.

There are just a handful (7) of my homemade jams left, until after the house sale when I'll have time to produce new ones. The paltry inventory consists of 1 Tangerine Lemon, 2 Strawberry Balsamic & Black Pepper and 4 Mango Strawberry Cardamom[$4] each. I'll be happy to save some for you, first come first served. 

I'm also baking fresh cookies [$1.50]  Chocolate Chip, Orange Dark Chocolate Walnut*, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin Walnut & Lemon Dark Chocolate* cookies...and Chocolate Orgasms*[$5] , of course!!
*contains Belgium Bittersweet Chocolate (heart healthy)

Plus  Rosemary Parmigiano Breadstix [$4] for the crunch in your life.

MEXICAN SUNFLOWER PLANT
It's that time of year when I need to cut back my "Jack & The Beanstalk" Mexican Sunflower plants. To start your own, all you need is a short cutting which you bury in the ground, water a few times and forget it. A month later, after it looks dead, in most cases a healthy new shoot appears & grows to 20 feet (bushing out along the way). Great for screening areas; the flowers last a week in a vase & you then have a perpetual source of new plants. Let me know if you'd like some cuttings. FREE of course!! 


Items must be pre-ordered by 5pm Wed to guarantee their availability for pickup later this week. Everything is hand made in small batches. Most items on my listed menu might be available at the Sunday Palma Sola Farmers Market, unless sold out before.

TO PLACE YOUR ORDER  

call me at (941) 746-6647 or

 email  bonnibakes@gmail.com

by 5 pm WEDNESDAY 


 Pay by cash or local check made out to Bonni Brown



PICK UP YOUR ORDER

 at my home in The Village of the Arts  (932 12 St W)

FRIDAY or SATURDAY from 2-5   
or
Palma Sola Farmers Market SUNDAY 11-3


             I'm at Palma Sola Farmers Market  Sundays 11-3 
held at Geraldson's Community Farm in NW Bradenton. Go to their FaceBook 
link below where you can get driving directions  & more information

facebook.com/palmasolafarmersmarket 


 Hugs from my kitchen,  Bonni

Twinkie, in charge of packing, moving & twig removal

No comments:

Post a Comment