Monday, May 6, 2013

The weather's great & there's change in the air




For some reason I'm suddenly getting a torrent of annoying sales calls despite having signed up for the national "do not call" list. Today I discovered that there is also a Florida "do not call" registry and it only takes a minute to add your name & number. I did it and it will become effective as of July. If you're experiencing the same problem, their website is www.fldnc.com 

It's a time of transition for me. The tenants at my former bakery/cafe in the Village of the Arts have closed their business, leaving me with an empty building. But not for long. After a thorough cleaning, I'll be opening a POP-UP SHOP featuring all of the items I've collected over a lifetime, and am now ready to relinquish. Antiques, kitchenware, Spanish dishes, pharmacy collectibles, baskets, frames and a lot more. It will only be open for a short period of time. Look for details in my blog next week. If you're looking for something in particular, let me know because I have a LOT OF STUFF!

Meanwhile, here's what I'm cooking up in the kitchen this week.

Blueberry Cream Cheese Braid   $3/slice


It's blueberry season in Florida, so what could be more appropriate than a slice of this yummy braided pastry embracing local berries & a creamy cheese filling.


Cheddar Mini Boule   $2.50/each


Back by popular demand, the small French breads bursting with oozing cheese. Perfect when shared or sliced, but known to make a filling meal for one.

Also on the menu this week:

Big Cookies   $1.50/each
Individually wrapped & available in the following flavors:
Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Orange Dark Chocolate Walnut, Oatmeal Raisin Walnut, Pecan Coconut Milk Chocolate       

Chocolate Orgasm Cookies   $5/pkg
My legendary chocolate delivery system made from melted Belgium Bittersweet chocolate, toasted fresh almonds & chocolate chips. Available in a plain brown bag if you don't intend to share them with others.

Roast Garlic Blue Cheese Breadstix   $4/pkg
Crisp, hand-made sticks bursting with flavor. Delicious paired with an appetizer, soup, salad or cocktail. 

Cranberry Orange Muffin   $2/each
One of my most requested muffins, made with plump fresh cranberries and Florida oranges.

Spiced Pumpkin Seed Flatbread   $4/pkg
Irregular large shards of crisp flatbread adds drama to your bread basket or can be broken into smaller crackers. 

                    Pre-order by 5pm Wed to guarantee availability for pickup later 
                             in the week.   Order early, most items in limited supply

Everything is hand made in small batches. Items listed on my menu might be available at the Sunday Palma Sola Farmers Market, unless sold out.

TO PLACE AN ORDER call me at (941) 746-6647   or

 email  bonnibakes@gmail.com  
by 5 pm WEDNESDAY 

 Pay by cash or local check made out to Bonni Brown


PICK UP YOUR ORDER
 at my home in The Village of the Arts  (932 12 St W)
FRIDAY or SATURDAY from 2-5  
 
or

Palma Sola Farmers Market  SUNDAY 11-3
held at Geraldson Community Farm in NW Bradenton
Find driving directions  & more information @
facebook.com/palmasolafarmersmarket 


 Hugs from my kitchen,
Bonni

No comments:

Post a Comment