Monday, July 22, 2013

Finally I see a light at the end of my tunnel

Many of my projects are beginning to wind down and I've starting unpacking & displaying the items for sale from my personal collection, like these baskets starting at .50 cents.


There are a few pieces of antique furniture that I've lived with all of my life. Whoops, that must make me an "antique" too!


This piece was always in our dining room; the shelves filled with colorful china, linens in the drawers and the home office in the fold down desk w/cubby holes.


My parents bought this classic wicker bassinet in 1939 in preparation for the much anticipated birth of my brother. From there it provided a temporary home to me, my cousins, children, grandchildren & friends. In the 1950's my Dad modernized the original wheels with new "buggy" wheels. Because all the babies who called it home for a few months were passive residents, it remains basically in its original condition. The ecru cotton bed throw was hand crocheted by my Mom's cousin in the '40s. 


My Dad proposed to my Mom over coffee and cherry pie at the Automat in 1936. Being a true romantic, he sealed the deal with a unique engagement present. No diamond ring for her, instead she unwrapped a Singer Featherweight sewing machine & table. Although they didn't fit on her finger, she treasured them. I do too and have used them since I was a kid.  My Aunt Gert got a Featherweight too, pictured above. Since I can only use one, this classic has to go. I understand quilters love it for the straight stitches it makes. I've always loved that I can easily keep it in its box in a closet & pull it out whenever I need it. I've even been known to sew on kitchen countertops.


A few weeks ago I cancelled my Verizon FIOS service. For just tv & internet it was costing over $100 a month. I'm not a big tv viewer, so it didn't make sense. Instead, with the capable help of my son, I spent $100 to buy the little Apple TV unit pictured above. It connects my TV to the internet (BrightHouse $30/mo for 6 months). By subscribing to Netflix ($8/mo) I can see unlimited movies & past tv shows. Now I'm addicted to Arrested Development. 


In order to view TV stations I bought the enhanced Leaf Antenna($75) which is the size of a sheet of paper & can be placed or hung anywhere. I'm receiving over 30 channels, including the major affiliates & many PBS stations, for FREE. It's enough to make me happy.


I was going to buy the regular Leaf ($35) for my bedroom tv, but first tried the antenna that Mike built a few years ago for $11 in materials. Amazingly, it works almost as well as the Leaf. You can find directions & see videos of how to build one on the web.

Here are the items I'm baking this week:

Big Cookies   $1.50/each
Individually wrapped & available in the following flavors:
Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Orange Dark Chocolate Walnut, 
Oatmeal Raisin Walnut, Pecan Coconut Milk Chocolate       

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin  $2/each
A match made in heaven...a yummy banana muffin with gooey pockets of chocolate throughout

Blueberry Cream Cheese Pastry  $3/slice
A Cheese Danish in loaf form, enrobing a fabulous fresh blueberry filling

Minorcan Multi-Grain Bread  (VEGAN) $4.50/loaf 
The perfect loaf for a hearty sandwich, but fabulous when toasted so all of those seeds come alive

         Order by 5pm Wed for pick-up Fri or Sat
                        most items in limited supply

TO PLACE AN ORDER call me at (941) 746-6647   or

 email  bonnibakes@gmail.com  by 5 pm WEDNESDAY 

 Pay by cash or local check made out to Bonni Brown



PICK UP YOUR ORDER

 in The Village of the Arts  

at former BONNI BAKES building 930 12 St W

FRIDAY or SATURDAY from 11 - 4  
 

 Hugs from my kitchen,
Bonni

No comments:

Post a Comment