Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Independence Day 2013 for me & the country

I'm trying something new...that's probably what should be inscribed on my tombstone. This time it's embracing the magic experiment of having a 2 month POP-UP SHOP July & Aug that will allow me to live out my fantasy of handing over "things" I've loved to people who will love them into the future. In addition, I'll have a variety of my BONNI BAKES home-baked goodies available. Next week you'll also be able to pre-order goodies for pick-up on Fri & Sat in the Village. 


All this takes place in the 1910 building that Rea & I bought in 1999 and transformed into the first business in the Village of the Arts...BONNI BAKES. After 13 years I've finally seen those beautiful heart pine floors come alive after being sanded & coated with clear poly. I've been worse than an overbearing Mama, not letting anyone walk on the beautiful "new" floors, but soon those rooms will be filled with my personal stash of antique furniture,  kitchenware, Spanish dishes, pharmacy collectibles and more. It's time for me to down-size, sell off the things I no longer have room for, and consider who I'll rent this building to.

I'll "open" the former BONNI BAKES building at 930 12th St West for the July Village of the Arts ArtWalk this Friday night 6-9:30pm and Saturday 11-4pm. I won't have many of my objects for sale because the never-ending rain has impeded my progress. Please give me another week & the building will be filled with my personal collection and ready for shoppers. I'll post pictures on this blog as I add new items.

This Friday & Saturday , July 5th & 6,th I'll have a modest assortment of baked goods available...the MENU is listed below. If you'd like to reserve anything, just send me an email at bonnibakes@gmail.com.

Hope to see you this weekend, if not HAVE A HAPPY FOURTH!

Hugs from my kitchen,
Bonni

These MENU items are available this week:

Chocolate Orgasm Cookies
Kalamata Feta Oregano Breadstix
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Outrageous Brownies
Cookies:  Choc Chip; Oatmeal Raisin; Orange Choc Chunk;
Peanut Butter Choc Chip; Lemon Choc Chunk

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Bonni :)
    Wanted to share this link with you - one of the ads I put up. If you have time to share it on Facebook that would be great too.
    Thanks again for the venue. Hope we have a great weekend. See you tomorrow!
    Tara
    http://sarasota.craigslist.org/gms/3914655817.html

    ReplyDelete