Monday, October 21, 2013

J's Tree continues to grow and thrive

The Tacoma tree out front is bursting at the seams with more blossoms than I've ever seen. It's hard to walk past the cascade of happy yellow flowers without smiling, as it should be. This is "J's Tree", planted as a memorial for a very special baby, with very special parents.


Cheering us on at the Finish Line
Saturday, tons of people walked in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk. It was very emotional walking that 5K remembering all of the people I've known & loved...and lost to cancer over the years. But when I saw the sea of pink t-shirts walking behind me, and the very strong women in the "Survivors Tent" welcoming me, I knew I was in good company. Please don't neglect to have your yearly mammogram...it's what saved my life!


My Pecan Cinnamon Kringle 
This past week I was commissioned to bake a Kringle. Up until now the only Kringle I knew about was Kris. Hey, I'm from New York City not Racine, WI. But I love a challenge, especially if it involves baking. After some research, I learned the classic one was a laminated dough filled with toasted pecans, cinnamon sugar & butter. What could be bad? If there's something you have a longing for, and it's baked, let's talk.



My adventurous son is currently in Sri Lanka, directing two tv shows. But before he left, he told me to sign up for Viber iOS. It lets me make free calls & send free text, photo and video messages to anyone else who has Viber. It took less than a minute to register my phone number, allowing me to talk or text for free as much as I want. You don't even have to import "contacts" because it automatically lists which of your contacts also have Viber. We spoke a few days later (10,000 miles apart) and it sounded as if he was right next to me. You can get more info at viber.com

I'm happy to be back on my regular schedule and look forward to seeing you soon.

Here's what I'm baking this week:


Pecan Coconut Belgium Milk Chocolate cookie
Big Cookies   $1.50/each
Individually wrapped & available in the following flavors:
Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Orange Belgium Dark Chocolate Walnut, Oatmeal Raisin Walnut, Pecan Coconut Belgium Milk Chocolate, (NEW) Classic Snickerdoodle     

The cookies with a delicious following
Chocolate Orgasm Cookies   $5/pkg
My legendary chocolate delivery system made from melted Belgium Bittersweet chocolate, toasted fresh almonds & chocolate chips. Available in a plain brown bag if you don't intend to share with others.

Rosemary Parmigiano Breadstix   $4/pkg
Crisp, hand-made sticks bursting with flavor. Delicious paired with an appetizer, soup, salad or cocktail. Fabulous with thin prosciutto wrapped around it. 

Just out of the oven, onion perfumes the air

New York's Classic Onion Roll   $2.75/pkg
A large round roll with toasted onions inside & poppy seed outside. The soft crumb makes it the perfect sandwich vehicle. Rarely found outside of old NYC bakeries, but I'll have a limited quantity available this week.


Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin   $2
A moist over-sized muffin made with fresh ripe bananas and filled with loads of chocolate chips. Is it a muffin or cake? Who cares, it's delicious!



Marilyn...a Stacked Blondie Bar  $2.50
A voluptuous classic, from her over-the-top filling of nuts and white chocolate, to the oh so satisfying caramel body. Not recommended if you blush easily.


Homemade Jam & Chutney   $4/8 oz jar
Peach Mango Brandy, Mango Strawberry Cardamom, Blueberry Lime, Mango Chutney, Mango Meyer Lemon Lime, Pineapple Mango Rum, Peach Melba, Mixed Berry, Blueberry Lemon, Ginger Pear Chutney.

Always hand-made in small batches with the best ingredients & locally sourced when possible. No artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or fake stuff EVER!!

Order by 5pm Wed for pick-up Friday or Saturday 11-4
all items in limited supply...first come, first served

TO PLACE AN ORDER 
call me at (941) 746-6647 

  or email  bonnibakes@gmail.com  

   PAY BY CASH OR LOCAL CHECK 

MADE OUT TO BONNI BROWN  

PICK UP YOUR ORDER
in The Village of the Arts  
at BONNI BAKES Gallery 
930 12 St W (just south of MLK)


 Hugs from my kitchen,
Bonni

No comments:

Post a Comment