Monday, December 9, 2013

Welcome to my favorite month of the year

A personal note from Twinkie:


My Mommy Bonni and her children (from a prior marriage) are all planning to abandon me. Imagine picking them over me when I'm so cute & furry and just 3 1/2 years old. I'd call Child Services but I don't have an oppossible thumb and licking a touch pad has proved useless. 

In the past when she left I stayed with her lovely friends. But now everyone is going away or can't help. I was adopted from Animal Services two years ago, but still remember the short time I spent in a cage and wouldn't like to do that again. I'm a people person...dog.

So, I'm hoping that you, or someone you know, might be willing to take me home from Dec 26 - Jan 3. There's even a chance I can convince Mom to let you have a week long sleep-over with me at our house in the Village of the Arts. I love everyone, especially guys & kids, and get along with friendly dogs & cats. When I first meet someone I get SO EXCITED I jump up (whoops) but within a short time I'm relaxed and would love to snuggle in your lap. I can also stay at home by myself all day. Call or email if you can help me.
Puppy hugs, Twinkie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that we've dipped our toes into December, I'm really getting into the celebratory mode. Back in the day, my family was programmed to party because it was the month when 6 of us celebrated birthdays, 4 had anniversaries plus Chanukah & Christmas (though marriages). December in New York City also meant cold weather & possible snow...I loved it.

Now I'm here in the tropics, growing out-of-season tomatoes & bitching about 80 degree temperatures...still. Next week I'll have adorable hand decorated sugar cookies ready-to-gift in Christmas mini bags. Okay, I don't really know the difference between a reindeer & moose, but imagine the cookie cutter is a decorated Christmas creature...how cute is this.


I can "write" someone's name on the moosey body to personalize it. Sorry I don't have a sample picture to show (it's been a hectic weekend), but if you'd like to order some they're just $5 each.

Here's what else I'm cooking up in the kitchen this week:


Christmas  Gingerbread Ornament  [edible]   $2
A happy gingerbread kid, gift wrapped & ready to hang from your tree, or nibble, or both. A classic symbol of the holidays...don't let this one run away.



Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Loaf    $5
Just take a look at the picture above and you can imagine how it tastes! Lots of sweet cinnamon throughout & on top, plus half a pound of plump raisins in each loaf.


Blueberry Lemon Scone   $2.50
A fabulous way to enjoy the richness of juicy blueberries played against the tang of fresh lemon. These moist decadent scones are not for the faint-of-heart or butter haters. very limited amount


Big Cookie   $1.50
Individually wrapped & available in the following flavors:
Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Orange Belgium Dark Chocolate Walnut, Oatmeal Raisin Walnut, Snickerdoodle, Pecan Coconut Belgium Milk Chocolate


Chocolate Orgasm Cookies   $5/pkg
My legendary chocolate delivery system made from melted Belgium Bittersweet chocolate, toasted fresh almonds & chocolate chips. It's holiday time, so order early before they disappear.


Kalamata Olive & Feta Breadstix   $4/pkg
The perfect sidekick to nibble alongside your favorite beverage, salad, soup or dip. Enhance whatever you're eating with the Mediterranean flavors of Greek olives, Feta cheese and organic oregano from my garden. Crunchy down to their nibs.



Breakfast Muffin  $2
It's a meal and a muffin all in one, right in the palm of your hand. The delicious melding of ground corn, melted Cheddar cheese, crisp bacon and sauteed scallions. Yum!

Holiday blend of cranberry, mandarin & Licor 43
Homemade Jam & Chutney   $4/ jar
Christmas Jam (new), Cranberry Pear (new), Mango Strawberry Cardamom, Blueberry Lime, Mango Chutney, Mango Meyer Lemon Lime, Pineapple Mango Rum, Peach Melba, Berry Basket, Blueberry Lemon, Ginger Pear Chutney.

 Everything always hand-made in small batches with the best ingredients & locally sourced when possible. No artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or fake stuff EVER!!

ORDER BY 5pm WED.  PICK-UP

FRIDAY or SATURDAY 12-4 in Village of the Arts
at BONNI BAKES Gallery 
930 12 St W (just south of MLK)  

OR

SUNDAY 11-3 at Palma Sola Farmers Market
  at Geraldson's Community Farm, directions at
facebook.com/palmasolafarmersmarket

All items in limited supply...first come, first served

TO PLACE AN ORDER 
call me at (941) 746-6647 
  or email  bonnibakes@gmail.com  

   PAY BY CASH OR LOCAL CHECK TO BONNI BROWN  

 Hugs from my kitchen,
Bonni

No comments:

Post a Comment