Monday, February 9, 2015

Back in my element with the snow



I'm spending this week in New York with my kids & the ever changing weather forecast. We just got back to the City after a weekend in Woodstock where everything was covered in beautiful white snow. I love the sound of fresh snow crunching under my feet. I  rented a house for the weekend so we could hang out together, have fun and help me decide if I want to consider moving to the Hudson River Valley. The home consists of a large geodesic dome (kitchen, dining, den, bath) combined with a massive addition with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, office + enormous Great Room. We all loved it, including the dog!
Abby, Rob & Molly

Lots of non-stop food was the norm. Great Italian dinner at La Cucina, two brunches at Oriole9, loaves of bread from Bread Alone and an assortment of BONNI BAKES goodies brought from FL, including the Lemon Bars.

After this week I'm convinced I'd be happiest living back home in NYC. To guarantee easy access to pizza I brought my recipe, ingredients & equipment needed to make my classic BONNI BAKES thin crust pizzas. Now Rob & Molly can turn them out as well as I did for 12 years in Bradenton.


Despite my cat allergy I was able to enjoy the company of their newest addition, little Mervin, as long I didn't touch him. He was gracious enough to play by the rules. I think he'll be welcoming to Twinkie too.


A few months ago I was interviewed for an article appearing in the latest issue of EDIBLE SARASOTA, which was just published. It highlights all of the eating options within the Village of the Arts. If you can't pick up a copy, here's a link to the digital version:
http://ediblesarasota.com/online-magazine/winter-2015/worth-the-trip-take-a-peek/
Snowy NYC from the air flying in
Brooklyn was covered with snow when I flew in last week. All of the storms have fortunately dropped the most snow north of the City. As of now my return flight tomorrow is "on time" but that can change like the forecast. I organized & prepared things before I left so that I would have enough time to bake once I'm home. You'll be able to pick up your order on Friday from 1-5pm as usual. With crossed fingers, here's what will be cooking at BONNI BAKES this week.


THIS WEEK's MENU     Pick-up   Fri  Feb 13   1-5 pm
CRANBERRY PECAN CORN MUFFIN     $2
It's the magical combination of a buttery corn muffin dotted with cranberries and toasted pecans. I love mine toasted with a hint of jam. How do you like yours?


THE BIG COOKIE    $1.50
Each individually wrapped in the following flavors:  Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin Walnut, Orange Walnut Belgium Bittersweet Chocolate, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Snickerdoodle, Pecan Coconut Belgium Milk Chocolate.  


OUTRAGEOUS BROWNIE     $2.50
If you like an intensely moist chocolate brownie with toasted pecans, look no further. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or use to bribe your kids to clean their rooms. Better yet, enjoy it yourself!



CHOCOLATE ORGASM COOKIES     $5/pkg
My legendary chocolate delivery system made from melted Belgium Bittersweet chocolate, toasted fresh almonds, chocolate chips & very little flour. Sold in packages of 4 because you must have more than one.


GRANDMA'S STRUDEL COOKIES  $5/pkg
Her rolled cookie has a delicate outer crust that embraces a magical filling of toasted walnuts, sauteed cinnamon apples, raisins and jam (homemade in my case). Perfect by itself, better with a cup of tea.


ROASTED VEGGIE GALETTE (vegetarian)    $4.50
Roasted parsnip, cauliflower, carrot, eggplant, mushrooms & onions joined in a buttery pastry, topped with Cheddar cheese & baked. Make it a personal meal or a side dish to share. Can be frozen & reheated.


KALAMATA ROSEMARY FICELLE      $2.50/loaf 
Thinner than a baguette with a crusty outside & soft interior; punctuated by lots of winey Kalamata olives and fresh rosemary from my organic garden. Great with soup, salad or a dip.



JAM or CHUTNEY  $4/jar

            Mango Chutney, Ginger Pear Chutney, Mango Meyer Lemon Jam


No artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or fake stuff EVER!!

ORDER BY 5pm WEDNESDAY

all items in limited supply... first come, first served


PICK UP FRIDAY 1-5 pm at Bonni's Treehouse

in the Village of the Arts

   932 12th Street West 
(down the driveway thru the white wrought iron gate) 


TO PLACE AN ORDER 

email bonnibakes@gmail.com  
  
or call me at (941) 746-6647 

   PAY BY CASH OR LOCAL CHECK TO BONNI BROWN  

 Hugs from my n0n-snowy kitchen,
Bonni

No comments:

Post a Comment