Monday, August 24, 2015

Something new & exciting at BONNI BAKES

I've been flying under the radar most of this summer getting ready for my return to Brooklyn. When I look back at how much I have down-sized over the past two years, even I'm amazed. Of course, there's still a long way to go to accomplish the minimalist lifestyle I prefer. I really wanted to spend one final week baking for you, but in the end there just wasn't enough time...sorry.













Now that I've finalized the plans for my property in the Village of the Arts, I want to share them with you. Considering the time constraints, I decided to rent rather than sell. For months people have urged me to find a tenant who would create a new cafe to replace the ambience & fresh food that BONNI BAKES provided for 12 years. For six weeks I interviewed more than 30 people who were interested in renting either my TreeHouse, the former BONNI BAKES Bakery/Cafe building, or both. It was a difficult decision.



I'm happy to introduce you to Remo & Meridith MambelliI think they'll be a wonderful addition to our Village of the Arts family. They will be living in the TreeHouse with their rescue dog Oliver. Remo wants you to share his passion for the food & art of northern Italy, where he's from. He's going to create an intimate Venetian Bakery/Cafe, featuring family recipes, cappuccino, espresso, sandwiches on homemade focaccia, as well as Italian art from the region. Sounds delicious to me on so many levels. I'll share more details when they become available. 



Twinkie (my fearless Maltese/mix rescue dog who I have re-named DaTwink) & I leave Bradenton Sept 11th, driving north to Park Slope in Bklyn. I'm looking forward to living in the same city as my kids for the first time in 25 years. Although I'll be leaving a lot of friends & memories here, NYC is just a flight away. More musings next week because I really need to start packing! Just wanted to bring you up to speed. I know there is great food in your future!

Hugs from my kitchen,

Bonni & DaTwink

Village of the Arts
932 12 Street West
Bradenton, FL 34205

(941) 746-6647
bonnibakes@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment